Terms & Conditions
Payment and cancellations policies
30% non-refundable deposit at reservation.
Final payment: 60 days before arrival.
60-31 days before arrival: 50% rate
30-0 days before arrival: 100% of rate
High Season + Festive
30% non-refundable deposit at reservation.
Final payment: 90 days before arrival.
90-61 days before arrival: 50% rate
60-0 days before arrival: 100% of rate
Terms and conditions
- Festive and High Season policies apply to half and full buy-outs, as well as groups larger than 6.
- All excursions and transfers are arranged on a shared basis. Private excursions should be requested in advanced with your reservations agent and will be quoted as an additional service.
- Explorations maximum capacity: M/Y Pikaia I: 16 guests, M/B Pikaia II: 6 guests.
- Cabin allocation on-board private yacht (Pikaia I) will be determined by room category purchased at the lodge.
- Prior to confirmation, guest must inform the reservation team of any food allergies, medical conditions or physical impairment that might affect any part of their stay. Failure to do so, Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) reserves the right to cancel the booking if it does not deem possible to carry out packages and its activities. Payments made will be subject to cancellation penalties.
- All reservations have a “tentative” status until receipt of payment. Once the deposit or total payment has been received, the reservation(s) will be changed to a “confirmed” status.
- In addition to our cancellation penalties, all financial returns are subject to government taxes, credit card fees and admin fees. These charges may add up to 10%.
- The payee will be responsible for any bank fees and other charges incurred in the payment process.
- Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) does not accept changes to reservation dates.
- Pikaia Lodge does not allow cross payments (already paid deposits to be used for payments of other reservations).
- In the case that Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) permits date changes to reservations, blackout days apply (High Season, Festive). Guests fully acknowledges and accepts that date changes are only allowed once and new cancellation policies will apply.
- Reservations and explorations are non-transferable. Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) does not accept name changes to confirmed bookings.
- In the event of a cancellation or change to the reservation made by the guest(s), we will consider it a new reservation and it will be subject to all the applicable penalties.
- We strongly advise guests to purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy with an insurance company of their choice. If a tour company does not send the total payment to our office or bank account on the dates and conditions specified by our policy, Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) is entitled to cancel the reservation and will not be held responsible for the cancellation towards the guest.
- Guests are solely responsible for acquiring their own travel insurance prior to making their trip. Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) will not be responsible for or subject to providing travel insurance or any payments for cost incurred due to accidents, damages, illness and/or hospitalisation.
- Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) reserves the right to cancel or if it decides that it is unable to perform services prior to departure for any reason whatsoever, including logistical problems that may impede trip operations. The refund of all payments received shall release the Lodge from any further liability.
- If a trip is cancelled due to acts of God, war, labor strikes, volcanic eruption, earthquake, flooding, tropical storms, global disasters or any emergencies such as pandemic, epidemics or other circumstances beyond the guest's reasonable control , Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) will maintain its payment and cancellation policies as mentioned in this docum.
- Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) will not be subject to refunds for proportions of the stay missed due to delayed or cancelled flights prior or during the journey to the lodge.
- Once the guest has checked in, any payments made will not be available for refunds.
- Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) is not responsible for expenses incurred by guests when preparing for a cancelled trip. E.g, non-refundable air tickets, visa fees, equipment or any additional arrangements.
- Exploration Packages include a specific itinerary. If a guest is interested in an optional additional activity it is highly recommended to plan such activities in advance, which are also subject to availability.
- Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) will not be responsible for any additional charges made by private airplane companies or any aiports for acquiring their services.
- Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at anytime and at our own discretion. All changes are effective immediately and apply to all aspects.
Minimum age permitted is 8 years old
- Minimum age for children is 8 years old.
- Pikaia can accept children younger than 8, however, guests are encouraged to purchase private services.
- Child prices apply to children between 8-15 years old.
- Children from 16 years old will be considered adults.
- A child can be accommodated on a roll out bed in the parents’ room if they are 15 years of age and under.
- A maximum of two adults and one child sharing per room is allowed.
- Children of 15 years and under are not permitted to stay alone in a room.
- Parents with two children under twelve years of age will be roomed as follows: one parent and one child per room.
- Children may not stay alone or share rooms in any case during Festive or High Season.
- An adult should accompany children during all explorations and activities.
- Pikaia Lodge does not provide any stroller or car safety equipment for guests with children.
- In the case that a child is preferred to be accommodated in a separate room, depending on the season, full adult rates will apply.
- Full rate is charged for children for all optional additional activities.
Payments of Galapagos National Park Fee & Transit Card
The Galapagos National Park Transit Card (US$ 20 per person*) is to be paid in cash by the guest at the airport in Quito or Guayaquil before flying to the Galapagos. Without this, the guest will not be allowed to check in for the flight.
The Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee (US $100.00 per adult / US$ 50 per children under 12 years old*) is to be paid in cash by the guest upon arrival at the airport in the Galapagos.
* Subject to change without prior notice.
Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.) accepts the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
You may also find it convenient to wire your payment to Pikaia Lodge (Galapacific S.A.). When sending us a wire transfer, please include:
- Full name of each member of the party under which you made your reservation.
- Dates of your arrival at Pikaia Lodge.
- Date and amount of wire transfer.
Fees charged by the payee's bank for wiring money must be covered by the payee and should not be deducted from Pikaia's invoice.
By payment made and received, the guest acknowledges and accepts all the Terms and Conditions stated here and on our website.
Once the payment has been received, the guest will then be sent a booking confirmation to the email address provided with all the reservation details.
Additionally, important "before you go" information will be sent, which is designed to prepare the guest for their visit to the Galapagos Islands.
The guest Information form, which includes passports, flight information and dietary restrictions must be completed by all guests and returned to our reservations department upon confirmation.